In this issue
The 8th edition of The Okinawan was released on July 25, 2009 in Okinawa.
Like the 7 first issues, this volume introduces various facets of Okinawa that are not commonly covered when introducing Okinawa. Enjoy!
July 2009 Issue (Vol.2 No.4)
Discover what Okinawa is really about: A land of culture and tradition, but also of fun and adventure.
- Culture: Okinawa EXPO '75, by Mark Tupper
- People: Okinawan Local Heroes, by Miguel Da Luz
- Nature: Zamami Island: A Small Piece of Paradise, by David Bell
- Karate: A stroll in the cradle of karate, by Miguel Da Luz
- Editorial, by Miguel Da Luz
- Sounds of Okinawa: Begin and the Uta no Hi Carnival, by John Potter
- Past & present: Kinjo-cho Ishidatami, by Mark Tupper
- A taste of Okinawa in Chicago, by Thomas Corrao
- One Day in Onna, by Daniel Lopez
- In Okinawa, you can "Drive to sunflower fields"
- In Okinawa, you can "Clean beaches and support the environment"
- Select shop: Okinawa's most popular characters
- Okinawan manga, by Hikari Masuko
Translations: the main articles are translated in Spanish, Japanese and French
Download PDF sample
Download the latest PDF magazine sample. [updated: Apr 2009]